I double this recipe for 4 or more people. Some times I use 1 28 oz. of crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. Serve this chili with corn chips instead of eating two bowls.
1lb. Ground venison
1 large Green pepper, chopped (yellow or red)
1 large Onion, chopped
1 pack McCormick's Chili seasoning mix
1 15 oz. can Kidney beans
1 14.5 oz. can Del-Monte Italian Stewed Tomatoes
1 15 oz. can Tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz can Del-Monte Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- In a large pot, add meat, green peppers, onions and cook until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- While the meat is cooking, run the Italian stewed tomatoes in a blender.
- Drain the fat off the meat and return to pan.
- Add seasoning mix and stir to cover the meat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. I usually put water in each can to rinse what doesn't all come out. Add more water if its too thick.
- Simmer at least 30 minutes. Enjoy.