Tasty meal with one of America's favorite soft drink brands. Also makes home made chicken broth.
2 Chicken breast
2 (12 oz.) cans Cherry Coke-Cola
4 cups water
2 ts. Italian seasoning
2 ts. Garlic powder
1 cup Rice
2 tbs. Corn starch
- In a large pot, boil 2 whole chicken breast in 4 cups of water or more.
- While the chicken is boiling. In a rice cooker ( I use white rice setting) or medium sauce pan, add rice, 2 1/2 cups of water and 1ts. of salt.
- Remove chicken and cut in pieces, if the chicken is still raw inside return to boiling water.
- When done remove chicken from pot and save the leftover broth for another recipe that requires chicken broth.(We don't want to be wasteful.)
- Return the chicken to pot on medium heat, add 2 cans of Cherry Coke-Cola, Italian seasoning, Garlic powder, and salt to taste.
- When Coke-Cola starts to boil, in a measuring cup, add corn starch to 1 cup of cold water, mix then add to pot.
- Stir until it starts to thicken.
- Serve with rice.
Original recipe on Instructables I modified.