Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. New recipe posts every Monday. Use Google Chrome, FireFox or other browsers. IE won't load this blog for some users.

Ramen Flavor Gravy



Don't know what to do with your leftover ramen flavor packets? Do you just eat the noodles dry, like I do sometimes? Don't throw them away, save them. I don't roast a whole chicken that often so I just use a quick way to make gravy whenever  I need it. A few days ago I had venison patties and my husband decided to make Salisbury venison steak. I came up with the idea for the beef gravy with a left over beef ramen flavor packet.


Ingredients:
1 ramen flavor packet (any flavor will do)
2 cups water
2 tbs. Corn starch
1 ts. Salt
1 ts. Garlic powder
1 ts. Onion powder
1 ts. Italian seasoning



  1. In a small sauce pot, boil 1 cup of water and add flavor packet.
  2. In a measuring cup add 1 cup of cold water and 2 tbs. of corn starch, mix.
  3. Add corn starch and water to the boiling pot and stir until it starts to thicken. 





2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one that used the leftover packet from the ramen. I use the leftover packets for all of my gravies and it is great! I've never use cornstarch however I have to add it to my pantry because a lot of gravy recipes call for it. I tend to use flour like a roux then add in the ramen packet seasoning with water kind of like a broth. I'm guessing that cornstarch is the easy way to go. Thanks for this recipe I will try!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you make your gravy how much flour do you use instead of corn starch. Im trying to make a simply light easy gravy to drizzle over rice for my 1 yr old dog because shes having tummy troubles. My vet said to give her plain white rice but she wont eat it so my vet said to try and drizzle a little chicken flavor gravy over her rice to try and intice her to eat a little bit. I dont have the normal items to make gravy so im trying make something out of nothing, ya know what i mean? Lol

      Delete