This recipe is on the back of Holland House Red Cooking Wine. I changed it little so this is my version.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz. peppered bacon, cooked, drained,chopped
2 928 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup Holland House Red Cooking Wine
Ground pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste
Parmesan or Monterey Jack cheese
1 lb. pasta, cooked
- Heat oil in heavy pan over medium heat.
- Saute onions until soft.
- Stir in garlic and bacon for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar, wine, spices.
- Simmer on low, uncovered for 30 mins., stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta, with cheese.
- Serves 6