Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. New recipe posts every Monday. Use Google Chrome, FireFox or other browsers. IE won't load this blog for some users.

Potato Squash

This recipe is one of my favorites while growing up. For 2 years I have grown squash and canned to use all year round. I end up with so much squash it should last me for a few years unless there ends up being a food shortage or a fallout of some sort.I usually double this recipe to add meat to the leftovers the next day.

If you want meat, try with shrimp, chicken, beef or venison. The first time I made this for my in-laws, my father-in-law said it needed meat. So the next day with the left overs, I suited shrimp with butter and added to it. Third day I fried chicken in olive oil.I haven't tried with beef or venison yet.

(Photo coming soon!)


Ingredients:

4 or 5 Potato sliced
2 large Onions cut into wedges or rings
2 or 3 Medium yellow squash sliced
Hot peppers sliced into rings (how many depends on how hot you want it)


  1. Fry all vegetables in bacon or Crisco shortening until almost done. 
  2. Add 1-15 oz can of tomato sauce, 1-15 oz. can stewed tomatoes (Italian), 1 t. basil
  3. Cover and simmer 30 or 45 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment