2 Cups Short Grain White Rice
4 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Salt
3/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1. Wash rice in a bowl with cold water and massage with your hand. The water will turn milky white.
2. Drain water leaving about 1 cup of water in bowl and repeat until the water is almost clear.
3. Drain well and place rice in the rice cooker with water.
4. Combine rice vinegar, salt and sugar in a small sauce pan on low heat until the sugar and salt dissolves.
5. Remove from heat and and let cool.
6. Add rice to a shallow pan, do not let cool.
7. Pour rice vinegar over a spatula to help disperse vinegar evenly over the rice.
8. Run the spatula through the rice from top to bottom and left to right in a slicing motion to separate the grains and spread the rice.
9. Repeat until rice starts to feel tight and spread the rice.
10. Cool to body temperature.
11. Combine 10 parts of water and and 1 part of rice vinegar to prevent rice sticking to you hands.
12. Always cook no less than 2 cups of rice.
13. If there is left over rice, do not refrigerate it, but leave it out wrapped on the counter.
14. Don't worry about the rice going bad, the vinegar solution in the rice acts as an anti-bacterial agent and it will be fine to use the next day.
15. Prior to use, you can sprinkle over with a little water and then microwave on high until it is just warm to touch.