2 weeks ago I made homemade pizza from scratch. Homemade crust, double sauce, pepperoni, onions, ground venison and ground chuck marinated in blackberry brandy and my spice mix. It was by far the best homemade pizza I've ever had.
4 cups Self-rising flour
1 tsp Bread machine yeast
1 1/3 cup hot water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 lb Ground venison
1/2 lb Ground chuck
1. In a medium bowl combine ground venison, ground chuck, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning and blackberry brandy. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
2. Cook meat until brown. Drain fat and set aside to cool down.
3. In a small bowl, combine yeast & hot water for 10 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, olive oil, & yeast mix. Let dough rise for a hour.
5. Roll out the dough on to a greased pan to 1 inch thickness.
6. Spread pizza sauce evenly, leave a 1 inch edge for crust.
7. Make 2 rings of pepperoni, starting at the edge of sauce.
8. Add the cooked meat, and chopped onions. Roll the edge of the crust.
9. Complete with cheese, crushed Italian seasoning and bake at 400° F for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy.
Yelds approximately 16 slices.